Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Kit's here! Help!

  1. #1
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    My Kit finally came in! She looks just as bad as the pictures did. I cleaned her up and realized that her skintone is an olive color. I'm not sure I like the gray/green cast of her skin but I want to preserve her as much as possible. When I called AG CS they told me they don't have any more parts for Kit to match this tone. I don't know what to do now because I really like the soft vinyl and she looks much prettier cleaned up. [img]confused.gif[/img] I just want to know what you all think. I feel so bad about replacing the whole doll.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 30, 2005 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Ashley's Mommy ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you have before and after photos to show us?
    Joy

  3. #3
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Here is Kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

    I don't have a digital camera so I can't post after pictures. I got most of the yellow marker off of her and I could rewig her and get the ink off her mouth but what makes her need a new head is the scratched eyes. I feel silly saying this but when I replace something on a doll I feel like it is a totally different doll almost like if I replaced my own head or something. I have to stay away from her until I make a decision so I won't bond with her too much. I already fell in love with her when I took her out of the box. Sorry for rambling.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ladydi43's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2003
    Posts
    222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    you know it is a hard decision , I ended up keeping a samatha that has a hunk out of her nose it was something about those sad eyes I fixed her up and she lives right along with the others Just fix your kit and love her . Diane [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It happened to me too, and I replaced the whole doll. To tell you the truth it took me a bit to capture #4 in my heart as my problems with Kit #1, #2 and #3... #1 got gray bodied from AGH, they replaced it with #2, #2 exploded... (not a pretty sight) and #3 came with no freckles. I am VERY happy with my current Kit and am very bonded with her. To me it feels like Kit #1. But I did open 17 boxes at AGPNY til I found and got #4. So you may have to do the same thing. good luck.

  6. #6
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    She has hacked off hair and marks on her face so I don't think AG will let me replace her for free. But if I buy a new head they will have to give me a new body to match the skintones.

  7. #7
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    Okay everybody, I have decided to restore Kit myself! I've gotten most of the marks off her face and I'm working on the last stubborn ink pen marks. She may always have yellow dots on her ears. I will rewig her. Anyone know a good copy of her wig? I can't seem to find a short bob without bangs. Then thanks to tips from Greymist, I will repaint her eyelids. I will try to post pics if I can borrow a camera from someone. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Great!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck on her! cannot wait to see the pics!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •